This blog post has been relocated here. I have decided to move this post off my personal blog and onto my new technical blog located here. Please leave your comments at the new location going forward.
Checkout my first jQuery plugin: Galleriffic.
Galleriffic is a dynamic photo gallery optimized to handle a high volume of photos. I would love feedback on how to improve this plugin.
10/05/2008 Update: Released v 0.7
- Added support for multiple galleries per page
- New 0.7 jAlbum skin release
9/30/2008 Update: Released v 0.6
- Now supports graceful degradation (see example for updated instructions on how to set up your gallery)
- Added configuration option to specify the number of slides to preload in advance
9/25/2008 Update: Released v 0.5
- Replaced several lingering hardcoded titles and link text with settings values to allow for internationalization
- Updated the jAlbum skin
9/20/2008 Update: Released v 0.4
- Added support for onFadeOut and onFadeIn events (see example for how this can be used)
- Removed unnecessary iframe that is created when using IE
- Released a new jAlbum skin that makes creating static albums a breeze (View the demo)
9/17/2008 Update: Released v 0.3
- Implemented additional options for title and description element selectors
- To enable the ‘Download Link’, a link element selector is now needed
9/16/2008 Update: Released v 0.2
- Reworked image preloading to load a single image at a time